Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Two Roommate Stories

Many of you that read this blog know of my love/hate relationship with IKEA. My new roommate seems to have inherited my grudge. Being as now there are two IKEA's with-in a reasonable driving distance, there is now twice the disappointment.

We set out to attempt the impossible. Tyler works in what can only be described as a log cabin. In his office there are three different types, colors, and grains of wood. So we went to IKEA to try and fine office furniture to match... well... at least the furniture matches itself. So we went to Bowlingbrook and we found a unit to start with. Of coarse, it's not all there. IT'S NEVER ALL THERE! So we went to Schuamburg. Well, that's to say that we went the longest, wrongest possible route we could have taken. I blame only myself, I290 west, and of coarse... the spirit of IKEA who haunts my very dreams. D*$^ you IKEA.

But I am thankful for my new roommate. The other day I was suppose to drop off my parents at the airport and pick up Jason and Melissa. These were suppose to be separate events. Unfortunately, I got it in my head that they were on the same day. So when Jason called me as they ARRIVED at the airport, I was no where near them. Luckily, roommate went to get them. I'm done being a basketcase now. And I'm done with airports. Definitely done with airports.

0 comments:

Followers