Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Call Me Crazy...

So the other day, on my way to work out at 6:30 AM (flexes muscles with bloodshot eyes), I was listening to this Chicago morning show. I was shocked this morning for a few reasons. The first was that they were actually discussing a topic that was half-way intelligent. Usually, it is just celebrity gossip and funny things. However, that morning they were talking about the current events of all the politics surrounding illegal immigration. Unfortunately, I think the callers were still from the same audience that is more informed on Tom Cruise than George Ryan.

And as I continued to listen to the callers, I became more and more disturbed. There was call after call of people who basically said, "Well, really... Everyone in this country immigrated from somewhere (Europe, Mexico, etc.). So I don't see what the big deal is. Why would you want to keep these people from crossing the border?" Call me conservative or whatever, just don't call me crazy when I say this...

Why would you want to stop ILLEGAL immigrants!?! I don't know? Why would you want to stop bank robbers... I'm sure everyone in this country has made a withdrawal from a bank at some point in their life. And before you say "that is not comparing apples to apples" yes it is! One is the legal way of doing something and taking something you have a right to. The other is ILLEGALLY taking something you have no legal right to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those crazy people that think we are being invaded by Mexicans. Those people are paranoid. I have no problem with people entering this country with visas, or work permits. I just don't understand how we have come to a place as a country that the people are mad at politicians for enforcing laws already in place.

The state of Illinois is basically talking about tightening up security so that ILLEGAL immigrants can't get a driver's license. I don't think this is out of the question since you have to have a STOLEN social security number to get a ILLEGAL drivers license. "but if they don't have a license they won't be able to drive or work..." Maybe they shouldn't be breaking the law then!!! And then who really suffers are the people who did the paper work and are here LEGALLY with student visas and such, because now they are always under suspect.

Yet I listen to caller after caller, say that we should just leave ILLEGAL immigrants alone and stop trying to stop them. Some times I wonder if I'm the crazy one...

0 comments:

Followers