Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

May Angels Wing You To Your Rest

She's dead.




My heart hurts and it is pounding through my chest. Betty Jo Bidner has died of respiratory failure. I haven't seen her in two years. Not since my brother's wedding. She was one of the kindest women I have ever known. She had time to teach a squirming six year old piano. Even when he didn't, couldn't play she never made him feel bad. She just kept encouraging. When the whole world was looking to my brother as "the musical one" she would tell me that I was gifted and should pick up another instrument and another.

I moved away when I was 10 years old. Every year I got a birthday card. Every year, a Christmas card. She came to my graduation. She came to my ordination.

She's dead. She leaves behind, a loving husband, two children, grandchildren, and a very grateful 25 year old boy.

0 comments:

Followers