Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Lucas flexes at you... Ooohh So Strong

So over Thanksgiving I went to Springfield, IL. I traveled to the deep south to visit my girlfriends parents. That's right! Holiday's at the In-Laws! Well not quite the in-laws... how do you say that... the dating-laws?

So I always feel a bit intimidated down there, but you would never know it. Charissa's parents are world travelers, previous missionaries, and her dad is a college professor. Last time we visited, her dad and I had a 20 minute discussion about proteins. I think it was a test. At this time I would like to send a shout out to my college Biology professor... Thank you Scott Jones for all your biology wisdom. Don't get me wrong I graduated with honors, but we just don't seem to read the same books, if you know what I mean. But even though, sometimes I feel like I may have the smallest brain pan in the room I always just try to relax and keep up as best I can.

So for Thanksgiving dinner we go to Charissa's grandparents house and her Aunt, Uncle, and 3 cousins came over. Charissa is an English major, her dad a professor, her G-pa is a doctor, one cousin is pre-med, etc, etc. Clearly the gene pool is stacked. So what game do we play... Scrabble. Actually we played speed scrabble which is a lot of fun. It's kind of like scrabble, but faster and there is no board. I didn't think I would have a prayer.

There were words like meerkats, and roadsigns, and I'm pretty sure someone spelled an 11 letter words with only 10 tiles. But when it came to the last round, who was ahead by 34 points. ME! So the last round myself and her pre-med cousin brent were still true to the task, but everyone else got a teammate. And so I lost by 1 point. The Holland Family had to team up to beat me!?!

The greatest Irony is that I achieved victory by spelling words like "zoo", "pits", "go", and "jig". Suckas. Don't mess.

This post contained 6 grammatical errors previous to spell check.

0 comments:

Followers