Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Isn't This My Space?

I consider myself a member of the "blogging community". My blog isn't famous or published, but I would still say that I am a consistent blogger. But recently, I've been thinking that I am less a part of the blogging world, and more just a "blogger". Allow me to clarify.

In the blogging community there is a veritable smorgusboard of weblog servers. There is Xanga, Myspace, Topix, Face Book, and of coarse BLOGGER. All the weblog servers are different and have their own particular flare. Myself, I have four blogs. FOUR. One is just what I use to try out templates I create in my side business Blogskins by Lucas. One is for picture storage and I happen to write in this one that you are reading.

A couple of my friends have Xanga sites. I of coarse don't comment on them, because you have to have your own Xanga account, and I will not be sucked into that... again. But Xanga sites are perfect for the multitasking, random blogger. Each blog is sectioned up and you get to know everything from the CD they are playing to what is in their pocket to the gossip they overheard. So you can actually have five separate blogs in one.

But I also have a Myspace account. Why do I have a Myspace account? Because sometime, someone asked me to check out their Myspace blog. Of coarse, you can't read their blog unless you have your own Myspace account. Not only that, but you have to APPLY to be "added" to their "Myspace friends". So I make my profile and read their blog... no big deal. But then it starts to happen. People see my profile on myspace and assume that I will blog on it and have interesting pictures and stories. They APPLY to be "added" to my Myspace. I now have 33 "Myspace friends". I went two years not updating my blog and people still wanted to be added. I don't know if they are just trying to run up their friend points or whether they are trying to change their bad karma or what. I started to feel so bad about it that I have now started posting some of my old BLOGGER posts on it and now I have to maintain two blogs. I find the whole process annoying. I don't even like Myspace. I like Blogger.

I admit it. I am a Blogger snob.

0 comments:

Followers