Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Don't Be Hung Over For Church

Seriously, I work in the only profession that actually has to work on both Christmas and New Year's Day... and Easter. Someone should tell my employer that these are religious holidays and they need let me have the day off and stop persecuting me for my beliefs.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to two courses (coarses Molly) of action. Either I will begin the New Year's Day church service with a bang, or a joke in poor taste. Picture this...

I want to come out at the beginning of service with sunglasses on and pillow hair. I will then quietly say, "sssshhhhh...ssshhhh... Hey, can we bring the lights down. Okay, we are going to sing this morning, but very soft... I have a killer headache. Nobody make an sudden movements or loud noises... yeah go ahead and bring the lights down a little more."

Or

I will simply start blaring rock music and pointing at people with the headaches. The video screens will read, "I know what you did last night." What will be funny is the old people won't know what to do. Do they cover their ears and indicate that they were drinking, or do they just bare the music that drives them nuts even when they are sober?

Needless to say, New Year's Day will be extremely spiritual... or judgmental. Hey if I have to be there and tired you should too.

0 comments:

Followers