Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Uncle Luc... Awkward?

My niece Kiera was born Dec 11th at 2:05 AM. Allow me to share the not so magical parts...

- People ask me if she is beautiful or cute or what does she look like?: I only saw her when she was fresh from the womb. What do I say? "Well, she is kind of wrinkly and purple and crying and squinty.

- I find it weird that everyone wants to know her "stats". I considered making her own baseball card. Kiera Cathryn Motley: 18 inches tall, weighing in at 5lbs 11ounces, with a life-time era of...

- Christy went into the hospital having mild "clenching contractions" not "pushing contractions." So they put her on pain meds expecting more painful contractions. Those never came and they decided to C-section. So they numbed her and put her under. All in all, I was disappointed with the whole "...women's threshold for pain at childbirth..." thing. Christy is slightly sore from the surgery... no other pain.

- Since now my brother has both married and had a child (a girl no less) my parents seem more expectant that I would "catch-up" and get married SOON! As proud as I am to be an uncle, I don't feel like my biological clock is ticking and I will marry when I am ready. But the extra pressure is annoying.


However, none of these things take away from the fact that I have a beautiful baby niece and I look forward to teaching her what no one else in the family can teach her. Style and good taste.

0 comments:

Followers