Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

The Rest of The Story

So I was playing Disc Golf with Nick the other day... we were talking about our blogs and I was telling him the background behind this past entry. He told me I should have told the whole story about the dressing room attendant. He is so focused on relationships, while I just want to complain about my pants... but here it goes.

So I was in Hollister looking for clothes with ear plugs and a flashlight when I heard a certain song coming over the stereo. I recognized it, but couldn't place the band or song title. I had heard it two days before and couldn't get it out of my head. So by this point it was maddening. So I exited the store and proceeded to American Eagle on my quest to find pants.

After trying on a few things, I finally found these great pants. I took them back to the dressing rooms and the cute girl who was the attendant unlocked a room for me. She was very sweet and seemed to be a very nice girl. I was just getting undressed when that stupid song came over the stereo. I threw my pants back on and stumbled out of my dressing room in a panic. I found the dressing room girl and as if I was talking to a 911 operator said, "Quick! I'm not crazy, but I have to know who sings this song! It's been in my head for three days and I've heard it 4 times today! I have to know!" She was half amused and half alarmed when she said, "Okay, I know what you mean." She winced like she was cutting the blue wire, "I don't know who sings this, (I sigh) but I'll watch to see." She pointed to a giant TV behind me which was playing the music video to the song.

Now realizing how ridiculous this was and wondering how I had missed the giant TV on the wall, I back tracked, "Oh, sorry... I didn't see... well didn't realize... wow that's convenient... well, you don't have to bother, I'll watch it. " She replied, "Are you sure?" "Yeah I'm okay," I said. So I stood there and watched the rest of the video. Unfortunately, her station was... there. So we just stood in silence waiting for the video to end. It did. The band is Gratitude. The song is Drive Away. So I back up into the dressing rooms, "It's Gratitude... the band." She gives me a "isn't he special" smile. So I disappear for about 30 seconds and have to return to her because while I had run out to here the song I locked the dressing room door behind me. Once in the dressing room I realized the pants I liked where button fly and shouted out loud, "ah, I hate you pants!" Then I heard her laugh and realized I said it out loud.

So I got back into my own clothes, as this whole episode happen while wearing the clothes I was trying on. I exited the dressing room and tried to avoid "her." She stops me and says, "So did everything work out okay?" Trust me at this point I would have bought half the store just to get out of there. I told her that the pants fit great and tried one more time to explain that I wasn't crazy, but it came out, "yeah the pants are great... I'm sorry about the thing... I didn't mean to... I'm not really that nuts... I... I'm going to go buy this jeans... thanks for... uh... yeah."

and that's the rest of the story.

0 comments:

Followers