Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Learning To Fly

So this past weekend I flew out to Manchester, NH to visit my friends on the east coast. All in all I would call it a discounted extravaganza. And to explain that let me give you a cost break down of the trip.

Plane Tickets - $60 round trip - instead of $320
New Snowboard - $26 - instead of $299
Lift Tickets - $40 - instead of $60

The trip was great. But if you've read Tyler's blog, you know... I had a bit of trouble at the Airport. Allow me to elaborate.

You see my friend Jeff was the one who bought the tickets. And originally, Jeff had made a mistake and booked the flight for 3/15 and return 5/19. That's right... two months. So he had to call and change the flights. Well in all the confusion, I showed up 12 hours early for my flight on Thursday. 12 HOURS! Not only that, but when I did go for my flight at 6 PM, it was delayed. I can't tell you how much I hate to fly.

Usually, if it is a good flight, with no storms or turbulence... I will only get a huge headache and feel sick to my stomach. If it is a bad flight... I want to kill myself. This was not a good flight. You know it's bad when the two strangers sitting next to you keep asking, "Are you okay man?" I just can't take it.

But while in New Hampshire, I talked to Jeff's wife, who deals drugs on the side... and she hooked me up with aspirin and this stuff called Bonine. Bonine is a combination of ginger and Dramamine. They are small, pink, chewable tablets from the gods.

My flight back was amazing. I looked out the window the whole time. I didn't feel sick to my stomach or anything. I felt like Aladdin on a magic carpet ride. Thank you Bonine.

Warning: Side effects may include headaches, nausea, drowsiness, projectile vomiting, demon possession, spontaneous picnics, kidney failure, or instant death.

Do you like to fly?

0 comments:

Followers