Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

You want me to do what!?!

Well... I suppose it was only a matter of time. Allow me to set the stage.

Historical Background:
My parents and two other couples are leaving this Sunday for Colorado. That's right. I spend years trying to convince my Dad to go skiing. Now, he loves it and he is headed to Breckenridge and leaving me here to mind the shop. So, I get to preach this Sunday. It just so happens to be "Sanctity of Human Life Sunday." Which means that my sermon will cover such topics as: Abortion, Euthanasia, Terri Schiavo, etc. Thanks Dad.

But that's not all:
Not only will this be my first time preaching on "SHL Sunday", but it will be my first baby dedication.

Stan: Hey, you need to add a baby dedication to the order of service.
Lucas: You want me to do what?
Stan: A baby dedication.
Lucas: This Sunday.
Stan: Yes.
Lucas: You won't be here. I'd have to do it.
Stan: I know.
Lucas: Do the parents know?
Stan: I explained it.
Lucas: And they don't want to wait a week?
Stan: No, it's the babies one year birth day.
Lucas: Babies?
Stan: Twins.

I have a chronic fear of holding babies. I haven't done it much, so I'm always afraid that I'm going to hold it wrong or drop it. So I almost had a panic attack that I would have to hold twins at the same time and offer a blessing on them. But thankfully, they are turning one year old. So I won't be holding them. The parents will hold them and I will lay hands on the parents. But this will be my first baby dedication. I think I'm more nervous about that than preaching on controversial issues. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm excited.

0 comments:

Followers