Rooting For The Underdogs

The unlikely dream the biggest.

Don't Say Crap Like That To Me

Like I didn't have enough to stress out about. Mom and Dad were leaving to go to Colorado and ski Breckenridge. So not only were Jake and I to fulfill our regular duties, but everyone was covering for everyone else. So as I'm going over my message Saturday Evening and hoping I don't botch the baby dedication, I get a phone call from my Mom. "So, am I going to see your face before I leave for Colorado?" That was a little strange to put it that way, but okay. Yeah just come to the church on your way home from the mall. I'll be here.

So Dad and Mom come and talk about how Mom just bought four pairs of pajamas for vacation. (She doesn't ski) She's just going to go to the spa and read in her P.J.'s. And just in passing Dad says, "Oh, by the way let me show you this... in this drawer in my office is all our papers in case something happens to us, you're going to need to know where this is."

Mom adds, "Yeah, and make sure you tell your brother we forgive him. He is blaming us for his drinking now. Tell him we love him. And don't worry about anything, I left you quite a bit of insurance."

They hug me, my Dad says something about wishes I could be snowboarding with him. I don't really hear him... ... ... ... What the F!?!

I'm glad that they're cool with dying in some awful plane crash, they have had good lives and they are definitely ready to meet Jesus, but I'm not ready for that. I had nightmares last night about their funeral. Who says stuff like that before they go on vacation?

So in the midst of all that is on my mind, I say a prayer and preach. Sunday is awesome. The praise team is incredible, the Spirit moved, people worshiped, two ladies came forward. One is getting baptized this coming Sunday, and there was only one spelling error in the slides (A miracle). Now if I can just get my parents home safe, this experiment called "vacation" will be a success.

0 comments:

Followers